Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A big week...







This past week has been jam packed with activities...Nolan turned 4 on the 19th, so we celebrated 'Wall E' style. Wall E shoes, Wall E cake with Wall E decorations! All cute just like he is :) One of the cutest things he said (there's many but this is my favorite) was on the morning of his birthday...after giving him a good morning hug, I reminded him that he was now 4 years old. He grinned and slowly looked down towards his feet and after a few seconds slowly looked up and said "I don't look like I'm four." ...I guess he somehow had it in his head that on your birthday you have a growth spurt of some sort. So the days were followed with playing hours on end with his new Lego people set and transformers (throw in some good army dress up time, too).
Next...We took Ethan out on Friday morning to Panera Bread for a sort of 'Last Breakfast' out before school started on Monday. He just seems so at peace with going to first grade...it goes without saying that comforts me. The fears are creeping up on me in my own head...Will his teacher accept and connect with him? Will he be right there with the 'rest' academically after a year of homeschooling? Will his teacher think outside the 'box'? Will he eat his lunch? And the list goes on...

1 comment:

L Starbuck said...

What's the boys favorite entree from Panara? Nate loves the Brocolli cheese Soup. When I take him there, though, he always seems to get it down his front side.... Jason